Monday, February 25, 2008

NDH Reflection

For NHD this year I wrote a Historical Paper on Woodstock '69. This was my second year doing a paper, so I knew exactly what was expected and how to handle myself while conducting my research and writing my paper. However, I honestly believe that last year, my paper on Hall & Oates was way better.
The overall turnout of my paper was just okay. For me the length could have been longer, and I could have used more of my opinions toward the festival than facts for just about everything (even though that did make my primary source list long).
I believe the hardest part of writing any paper, is taking all the information and research you have and organizing it into a paper. During workshops, I became frustrated sometimes because I was still in the process of orgainizing what I had instead of actually typing my paper.
When I finally finished my paper, I had a total of 2,479 words, almost meeting the maximum and about 11 pages including the interview.
For me, this year the best part of my NHD experience in writing a paper was the interview I conducted with Terry, the owner/creator of the amazing site www.woodstock69.com
She helped me out a lot and my interest for the event grew as you told me of her experience and what the youth in her time stood for.
Throughout this whole experience I learned so much I would never have thought that would have happened at a concert. Now I realize how legendary and successful the event is and why up to this day is still talked about and completely legendary.
I would never forget this project because it was interesting and a project I recommend to anyone whose interesting in learning about Woodstock and the 70's era in general.
After all, Woodstock lives on!

No comments: