Thursday, January 3, 2008

Annotated Bibliography For Woodstock '69


• Young, Jean, and Lang, Michael. Woodstock Festival Revisited. Barnes Ltd. 1996. This source helps me understand a part of Woodstock, because it shows a whole list of people who were attending the music event that seem to have totally different opinions when it comes to the world. I will use this source somewhere in the beginning to show the diversity and culture that was popular in that time ear. This source is by far a secondary source, because it just gives me a list of people who were attending.

• Young, Jean and Lang, Michael. Woodstock ’69. Barnes Ltd. 1996 This source shows me that these days would definitely make history, whether is negative or positive history. I would use this source to say the good things as well as the bad things of Woodstock. This source is a secondary source.

• Marcus, Greil, So what was it about Woodstock '69 that made it historic? - 1969 Woodstock Music Festival. 1994.
This source helps me understand how some people show respect for the U.S. in the midst of their fun or if something terrible is happening. I would use this source to show how people remained loyal in the midst of their fun. This source is a primary source, because it is an interview and uses quotes and so forth.

• Landy, Elliot, The Music Festical Homepage. 1988 ed. New York: 1996.
This helps me because it shows exactly how everyone could relate through music in that generation. I would use this source to tell what that time period was like and how everyone got their excitement. This source is a secondary source.

• Warner, Simon. "Reporting Woodstock". Elecktrick Publications, 1999.
This poster shows me what Woodstock stood for and what it symbolizes. I would use this in my paper for everyone to see how it looked and what it was about. This source is a primary source.

• Weiser, Glenn, Woodstock 1969 Remembered. 1979
This lets me know what the time period was like; terminology in words and what was actually going on in the “hippie ear.” I would use this source in describing the time period and things that were common. This source is a primary source.

• Weiser, Glenn, Leaders of the 1960's Counterculture I've Seen or Met.
These photos let me know who were the people that everyone looked up to and who were big in that era. I would use this source again when describing the culture of the ’60-‘70s. This source is a primary source.

• Times, Herald. How Woodstock Happened.... 1994.
This helps me understand the purpose of the event and how it affected people. I would use this in my paper to see why it happened. This is a secondary source.

No comments: